Our Curriculum Vision:
At Great Bridge, we are committed to ensuring that our curriculum offer is broad, balanced, and inclusive. Curriculum development is an ongoing process, and at the heart of it is our school's motto:
Therefore, we strive to provide a rich, engaging curriculum that challenges all children and enables them to thrive as lifelong learners, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion, linguistic background, or special educational needs.
Our curriculum is designed to support children in building knowledge and developing skills over time by breaking down "big questions" and core concepts into smaller, more manageable steps. We utilise a range of published schemes to support curriculum development across various subjects. Our dedicated team of subject leaders tailor lessons to meet the needs of our children, carefully considering the key knowledge and skills in each subject area. By connecting new ideas to prior learning, sequencing thoughtfully, and teaching coherently, we aim to ensure that our curriculum is well-structured and effectively builds upon prior knowledge. Furthermore, our subject leaders collaborate to create a curriculum that fosters creativity, flexibility, and resilience, equipping our children to become the citizens of tomorrow, capable of thriving in the diverse community of modern Britain.
The curriculum we are developing at Great Bridge Primary aims to:
- Inspire a passion for learning by fostering creativity, curiosity, and a love for reading.
- Cultivate confident, independent, and resilient individuals by prioritising children's mental health and well-being.
- Offer a diverse range of engaging learning experiences, including after-school clubs and educational visits.
- Ensure that the skills and knowledge taught are broken down into manageable parts and carefully sequenced to promote understanding and competence over time.
- Enhance oracy skills through drama, discussions, and debates, encouraging structured, confident, and articulate communication.
- Provide expert teaching and motivated teachers who undergo continuous professional development and engage in ongoing dialogue and support.